An Introduction to T.A. (Transactional Analysis)
Transactional Analysis is a model of human behaviour, communication and relationships offering valuable frameworks for us to better understand, and explain interactions and styles.
Learning about TA will help you to....
- Get on better with those near to you (at home or at work), by learning how to track and influence patterns of interaction.
- Be able to give feedback in a way people will listen, and influence behaviour more.
- Better understand your own and others personality traits, drivers and stressors.
- Have fewer relationship ‘dramas’, and less falling out.
Using professionally edited footage from a live one day workshop, this course introduces key concepts from TA, and their uses in everyday life, and in the workplace. Content includes
- Recognising and tracking 'Ego states' and 'Transactions'
- Giving positive and negative ‘Strokes’
- Drivers, and their impact on our stress
- ‘Drama triangles’
- I'm OK, You're OK, and an antidote to Drama Triangles
With over 2 hours video content in 19 bitesized lessons, printable PDF handouts, plus worksheets and questionnaires used during the workshop, and online quizzes to assist learning, the course offers a great introduction to T.A.
Founder and lead trainer of NLP in the Northwest, Chris has been fascinated by people, what makes us 'tick', get on with each other (or not) , and what affects our behaviour and performance, since his teenage years.
He has spent over 40 years enthusiastically exploring and studying our 'psychology', relationships and effectiveness. With over 25 years experience in training and coaching, Chris has looked for the 'difference that makes the difference' to find simple models and effective techniques and strategies that make sense, are easily learnt, and work in practice.
Chris has qualifications in psychology, social work and organisational analysis & behaviour, and has been a certified NLP trainer and Master Practitioner for over 20 years. He has a reputation for making things easy to understand, and for training with heart, humour and integrity. Chris lives in Lancashire, UK, with his wife Glenda, who is equally passionate about people, learning and wellbeing.
StartThe 'Structure' of Personality - Parent Adult Child (6:23)
StartEgo State Reaction Quiz (3:24)
StartMore about Ego States (11:57)
StartEgo State Questionnaire (2:23)
StartSpotting Ego States (4:25)
StartRecap: Ego States, Transactions, and Functions of Ego States (5:31)
StartComplimentary and Crossed Ego States Revisited (13:02)
StartWhat we have covered so far (2:29)
StartQuiz Ego States & Transactions